Top 8 Mustachioed Rock N' Roll Musicians 0
In honor of this month's Movember campaign, we have created a list of our favorite 8 mustachioed rock n' roll musicians. Rock n' roll is all about rebellion, and badass antics, and what better way to look like a total badass than rocking a thick stache!
Here is our list of the Top 8 Mustachioed Musicians, counting down from number 8 to the top spot:8. Keith Richards - The Rolling Stones
He doesn't always sport a mustache, but did go through a mustache exploration phase. We are not sure how we feel about this skinny 'stache, but leave it up to Keith to rock it with confidence.
7. Axl Rose - Guns N' Roses
It takes a real rocker with his own sense of style to grow out a handle bar mustache, and Axl somehow makes it look kinda cool. It's definitely a bold red fashion choice!
6. Jimi Hendrix
Jimi's mustache is almost as iconic as his music, as he rocked this look most of his short lived career. The man was a legend, and so were his afro, bandana, and facial hair!
5. John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney - The Beatles
The Beatles were known for their hairstyles, and ever-changing style. They were music legends, and fashion icons. Although all four Beatles rocked the 'stache for the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover, Paul shaved off his facial hair shortly after, a look we find suited him much better.
4. Anthony Kiedis - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Anthony seems as ageless as the Chili Peppers music. His new mustache sprouted a few years ago, and the 50 year old rocker took fans by storm. Fans either loved the 'stache or hated it, and have even gone so far as to create an entire Tumblr account dedicated to Kiedis' facial hair.
3. Jim Morrison - The Doors
Oh Jim! In his early years, The Doors frontman had the skinny, shaggy hair, clean shaven look down. That look changed in the last few years of his life, where he grew a full on mustache and thick beard. It was a radical transformation, however, with Jim's eccentric character, it came as no real surprise.
2. Tommy Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward - Black Sabbath
3 out of the 4 original Black Sabbath members all rocked a mustache at some point. Leave it up to frontman Ozzy Osbourne to rebel and leave his face clean shaven, although, we don't think a mustache would have suited the Prince of Darkness quite like it did the other Sabbath members.
1. Freddie Mercury - Queen
As the eccentric, rock male diva and lead singer of Queen, Freddie upheld his reputation as having one of the most recognizable voices in music and as a King of Concerts. He was a style and music icon, and we are not sure if he was ever seen without that awesome 'stache. Freddie definitely deserves the #1 spot on our list of mustachioed musicians.
Did we leave any one out? Would you change the order of our list?
Feeling inspired and ready to rock? Check out our entire selection of rock n' roll tees and sport our tee with your Movember mustached look!
- Alexa Azran
- Tags: anthony kiedis mustache axl rose mustache Black sabbath mustache freddie mercury mustache jack of all trades Jack of all trades clothing jim morrison mustache jimi hendrix mustache keith richards mustache Movember mustache mustached musicians mustaches mustachioed musicians rock n roll rock n roll mustaches the beatles mustaches
Superhero Movies We Can't Wait To See in 2016! 0
2016 is going to be an exciting year for DC fans with the release of Suicide Squad and Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Marvel has recently been dominating the movie market in regards to superheroes. Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man and Fantastic Four were all 2015 releases whilst DC released nothing into theaters.
Fox’s TV series Gotham has created some buzz around the DC universe in absence of any films but it has left fans wanting something more true to the original Batman story.
The trailer to Suicide Squad was leaked online before Warner Brothers were able to officially release it, forcing them in the end to do an early screening. The new Suicide Squad includes popular characters Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Boomerang, Enchantress, Killer Croc, Slipknot and El DIabolo incarcerated in Belle-Reve Prison. Amanda Waller creates a government task force using the supervillains in exchange for time off their sentences.
Jared Leto will star as The Joker in this movie, following on from Heath Ledger’s appearance in the Dark Knight rises. Ledger’s appearance in this film was highly acclaimed by critics and fans alike and is still going on to inspire many.
Ledger’s appearance in this film was highly acclaimed by critics and fans alike and is still going on to inspire the likes of Royal Vegas Casino to create slots themed on the story arc. Sites likes Royal Vegas Casino have done much to aid the movie industry in increasing the exposure of their films through many branded games featuring the likes of The Terminator, Hellboy and Jurassic Park.
Let's see what how Leto's interpretation of the character plays out. He embodied the Joker completely during filming, even going so far as to pull heinous pranks on cast mates. Can he pull off The Joker the way fans want to see the Joker?
The Gotham TV series recently starred a new Joker character called Jerome but killed him off in the latest episode, The Last Laugh. There is speculation that he was killed off to protect Jared Leto’s Joker character, yet there remains much intrigue upon the effect that Warner Brother’s new interpretation of the character will have on fans.
The Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice release has been overshadowed somewhat by the Suicide Squad hype however, and it shouldn’t be overlooked. In the movie, Batman travels to Metropolis to fight Superman, fearing what damage he may cause if left to his own devices. There are rumours that Batman has been keeping a book on all the superheroes' weaknesses in order to gain the upper hand if he ever needed to fight them. Batman and Superman have had many fights in the comic series, the conclusion is that neither one of them will ever win against the other. It will be interesting to see if there is a true winner at the end of this movie or if the two will draw as usual. Who do you predict will come out on top, Batman or Superman?
And one further DC film that many fans will be looking forward to is the highly-anticipated Wonder Woman movie that is due for release in summer 2017. This will see the in-demand Gal Gadot starring as the warrior princess who'll supply a long overdue dose of feminine action to the male-dominated superhero scene. And with the acclaimed director Patty Jenkins at the helm, it looks like it could deliver DC Comics with the cinematic hit needed to really take on the dominance of Marvel Comics.
We can't wait for all these movies!
In the meantime, check out our awesome Superhero collection of tees, tanks, raglans, and hoodies!
- Alexa Azran
- Tags: batman v superman ben affleck boomerang clark kent dawn of justice DC DC MOVIES DC Universe deadshot el diablo enchantress gal gadot gotham harley quinn heath ledger jack of all trades Jack of all trades clothing jared leto killer croc slipknot suicide squad supehero Superhero movies 2016 the joker wonder woman
5 WAYS TO WEAR YOUR BOYFRIEND'S JACK OF ALL TRADES T-SHIRTS 0
Thanks to Dana from Fashion Tag for this post!
LOVE OUR ROCK TEES BUT NOT SURE HOW TO WEAR 'EM? HERE ARE JUST 5 SUGGESTIONS.
5 WAYS TO WEAR YOUR BOYFRIEND'S ROCK N' ROLL T-SHIRTS:
- All Tomboy-ish look. Boyfriend jeans, or a pair of suit trousers that sit a bit slouchier on you, with sneakers or brogues, a blazer on top of your boyfriend tee and a messenger bag. It’s very French chic if you will, very designer-stylist minimal kinda look.
- Office sophisticated. A boyfriend t-shirt is perfect for office due to its loose cut. You tuck it in your high waist pencil skirt of your perfect pair of trousers with heels or ankle boots on and it’s quite the effortless professional look. Watch the t-shirt though.
- Casual cool. Think models off duty running around Paris or London to casting jobs or just to get coffee with their other model friends. Jeans, ankle boots and a cool t-shirt on top. Leather jacket, shades, and a big bag and it’s the dopest most effortless style ever.
- Hot rocknroll. Sexy high heels and rad t-shirt. Simple as that. This is perfect for evening paired with a mini skirt or a pair of skinnies. Or just the long t-shirt playing as a dress if you’re Rihanna par example.
- A touch of feminine coolness. This has nothing to do with what you pair the tee with but mostly HOW you actually wear it. The great part about a boyfriend t-shirt is its size, which plays up its versatility. So you can wear it long, or tucked it, or tied at your back or on the side to mimic a cropped top. It’s perfect actually. I do this all. the. time. Especially when I feel I’m getting lost in a too-big-t-shirt.
As you all know its not the first time I’m seen in boyfriend tees, nor is it the first time I’m wearing men t-shirts from Jack of All Trades. They do have a saying that “once you go jack you’ll never go back.” Seriously… it couldn’t be truer. I mean their pieces are – quality wise – to die for. The tees’ fabric is unbelievable – soft and just a bit stretchy – and the cut is fantastic. I am wearing all men t-shirts, in S, but they’ve got the best cut ever: they’re loose, but I don’t look homeless in them. Especially the Beatles T-shirt is a perfect fit.
Design wise – personally I am a sucker for slogan tees AND band tees. It’s like they do the talking and introduction for you. So the fact that I am wearing Beatles or Guns’n Roses is by no means a thing left to chance. Nothing I do or say is ever random.
Use code FASHIONTAG15 for 15% off our ROCK N ROLL Collection (Oct12-19, 2015)
Ant-Man & The Wasp Set for 2018 Release Date! 0
This just in, Marvel's Ant-Man will have a sequel, and it includes The Wasp! Get ready for 2018, because it's going to be a huge year for superhero movies. (The Flash, The Avengers, and Aquaman are all being released in that year too).
Ant-Man and the Wasp will hit theaters on July 6, 2018 with Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly returning to their roles from the original film. This title is super noteworthy because it’s the first time a Marvel film has been named after a female superhero. Big up to the ladies!
Get our ANT-MAN t-shirt here: http://www.jackofalltradesclothing.com/collections/men/products/ant-man-3d-logo
ZANE FIX, Guru of Jap Pop Art, Creates Limited Edition JOAT Collection! 0
If you haven’t yet heard of Zane Fix then fix your eyes on this. He is the ultimate authority in Japanese Pop Art. Brooklyn born, Zane Fix blends both the intensity and simplicity of Japanese woodblock prints with the pop sensibility of early and mid 20th century Western pop and commercial art.
His artwork is just as unique and eccentric as the man himself. You are going to be blown away by his original pieces that combine celebrity beautification with eastern and Japanese Kabuki traditions.
Zane has taken his creativity to the next level and created a special limited edition Zane Fix collection for Jack of All Trades. These super soft and comfortable tees are visual masterpieces, wearable works of art, that you need in your wardrobe.
Mr. Fix’s work has been showcased in numerous art galleries throughout New York like the famous Stray Kat Gallery, he has also been interviewed for top publications like New York Magazine, Interview Magazine, Time Out New York and many more.
Check out the entire Zane Fix Collection here: http://www.jackofalltradesclothing.com/collections/men/collections_zane-fix
Read more about Zane Fix and his Jap Pop Art creations here: http://www.jappopart.com/
Win A Nightwing Tee! 0
We will choose 3 winners!
- 1st place wins the Nightwing T-shirt + $50 to spend on our site
- 2nd place wins the Nightwing T-Shirt + $25 to spend on our site
- 3rd place wins the Nightwing T-shirt.
Gotham Season 2, Episode 2 – "Knock Knock" – Predictions 0
Hey Gotham fans, are you ready for more Jerome Valeska, the possible young Joker, this season? From the preview for tonight’s episode, “Knock Knock”, we predict chaos will ensue.
If you missed episode one, be reminded that six inmates broke out of Arkham with the help of, as viewers know, but the GCPD does not, Tabitha Galavan, and they are ready to wreak havoc on the city.
It is now up to Detective Jim Gordon, and new police commissioner Capt. Sarah Essen to find these villains and save Gotham from their terror.
This episode is bound to be intense, as Theo Galavan plots his next move with his band of misfits. Throughout the promo video, we can hear Valeska’s ultimate evil laugh, and him saying at the end “You ain’t seen nothing yet”, and we believe him!
Stay tuned for more Gotham predictions this season.
Need your Gotham wardrobe fix? Check out our Gotham collection here:
The Flash Season 2 Predictions 0
After a ground breaking Season 1, The Flash is back and better than ever for Season 2 on October 6th, 2015. If you've been following the news, you've heard the exciting announcements of some of our favorite heroes and villains coming from the comic book world, to the live action "Arrowverse".
The best thing we've seen so far is this EPIC Season 2 Trailer. Check it out below and then we'll break it down so we can all be prepared for the season premiere!
Ok, that was a lot to take in! But let's break it down:
1. Obviously The Flash is talking to a mystery person who wanted to kill him. And apparently, "Zoom" told him to. And if he did kill The Flash, he could go back to his time.
2. There's a crazy looking guy that seems to be moving as fast as our scarlet speedster.
3. Jay Garrick (The original Flash) makes his debut! And apparently has a lot of information about the mysterious "Zoom".
4. Cisco makes it clear that the whole team will know about the existence of other universes. (More speedsters! Yay!)
5. When Flash traveled through time in the Season 1 Finale, he created a portal for other people in those alternate universes to travel through. (Uh oh.)
6. Atom Smasher makes his debut. (I can't wait to see his growing powers in action!)
7. New love interest! A police woman named Patty Spivot! She seems super brave and is very easy on the eyes. (Go Barry!)
8. Detective Joe West gets his hands dirty and blasts the Atom Smasher with some type of explosive. (I bet Cisco made it.)
9. Captain Cold's sister keeps flirting with our boy Cisco, but he comes right back at her with a brag about his Nerf collection. (I would like to see that)
10. Central City loves The Flash! You can see they're celebrating "Flash Day". Are we a step closer to The Flash Museum?
11. The Flash gets a Bat-er-I mean, Flash signal!
12. The mystery guy who tried to kill The Flash in the beginning (could it be The Atom Smasher?) lets us know it's "Showtime".
And it really IS almost showtime! In about two weeks we'll be able to watch our favorite speedster back in action along with the Star Labs Team. I can't wait!
To get ready for the premiere, stock up on all of your favorite Flash shirts from Jack of All Trades! You can bet I'm ordering some right now and I'll be wearing one of the shirts as I watch the Season 2 Premiere of The Flash.
And stay tuned for more blogs about all things nerdy by Colin K. Bass. Thanks for reading!