Enter to WIN a Trip to Coachella with CHOM 97.7 and Jack of all Trades 0
Guns N’ Roses reunites at Coachella and CHOM and Jack of All Trades are sending you there! Listen to Mornings Rock with Terry and Heather B. weekdays at 7:50 to play “Real Band, Fake Band”. You have 3 seconds to decide if the band we name is real or fake!
Get it right and you grab a Guns N’ Roses swag bag from Jack of All Trades… and you’re in to win the grand prize trip! Airfare, hotel, and two 3-day passes to Coachella.
From Jack of All Trades, superior quality knit tops for men and women featuring outstanding artwork from the most iconic artists and rock bands!
Shop now at www.jackofalltradesclothing.com with promo code CHOM and get 10% off.
From the Spirit of Rock CHOM 97 7.
TOP 5 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT GUNS N' ROSES 0
Here are the top 5 things we bet you didn't know about GNR (via AXS)
5. Geffen, GNR's record label, rejected the first cover idea for Appetite for Destruction.
The band’s debut album cover featured an image of a cross and skulls of the five band members, but that replaced controversial artwork of a robotic rapist about to be punished by a metal avenger. In a 2011 interview with VH1's "That Metal Show," Rose revealed that he initially wanted the album's cover art to be the famous photo of the Space Shuttle Challenger exploding, but the label rejected that idea, too.
4. Duff McKagan inspired a "Simpsons" trademark.
3. Two of the most iconic GNR songs are about real-life loves.
2. Axl just missed Kurt Cobain's spit.
After years of bad blood among the original bandmates, Rose famously skipped Gun N’ Roses’ 2012 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Citing mixed feelings on the event as well as confusion about what the purpose of the Hall of Fame really is, the rocker later apologized in an open letter to the city of Cleveland and all of his fans.
5 WAYS TO WEAR YOUR BOYFRIEND'S JACK OF ALL TRADES T-SHIRTS 0
Thanks to Dana from Fashion Tag for this post!
LOVE OUR ROCK TEES BUT NOT SURE HOW TO WEAR 'EM? HERE ARE JUST 5 SUGGESTIONS.
5 WAYS TO WEAR YOUR BOYFRIEND'S ROCK N' ROLL T-SHIRTS:
- All Tomboy-ish look. Boyfriend jeans, or a pair of suit trousers that sit a bit slouchier on you, with sneakers or brogues, a blazer on top of your boyfriend tee and a messenger bag. It’s very French chic if you will, very designer-stylist minimal kinda look.
- Office sophisticated. A boyfriend t-shirt is perfect for office due to its loose cut. You tuck it in your high waist pencil skirt of your perfect pair of trousers with heels or ankle boots on and it’s quite the effortless professional look. Watch the t-shirt though.
- Casual cool. Think models off duty running around Paris or London to casting jobs or just to get coffee with their other model friends. Jeans, ankle boots and a cool t-shirt on top. Leather jacket, shades, and a big bag and it’s the dopest most effortless style ever.
- Hot rocknroll. Sexy high heels and rad t-shirt. Simple as that. This is perfect for evening paired with a mini skirt or a pair of skinnies. Or just the long t-shirt playing as a dress if you’re Rihanna par example.
- A touch of feminine coolness. This has nothing to do with what you pair the tee with but mostly HOW you actually wear it. The great part about a boyfriend t-shirt is its size, which plays up its versatility. So you can wear it long, or tucked it, or tied at your back or on the side to mimic a cropped top. It’s perfect actually. I do this all. the. time. Especially when I feel I’m getting lost in a too-big-t-shirt.
As you all know its not the first time I’m seen in boyfriend tees, nor is it the first time I’m wearing men t-shirts from Jack of All Trades. They do have a saying that “once you go jack you’ll never go back.” Seriously… it couldn’t be truer. I mean their pieces are – quality wise – to die for. The tees’ fabric is unbelievable – soft and just a bit stretchy – and the cut is fantastic. I am wearing all men t-shirts, in S, but they’ve got the best cut ever: they’re loose, but I don’t look homeless in them. Especially the Beatles T-shirt is a perfect fit.
Design wise – personally I am a sucker for slogan tees AND band tees. It’s like they do the talking and introduction for you. So the fact that I am wearing Beatles or Guns’n Roses is by no means a thing left to chance. Nothing I do or say is ever random.
Use code FASHIONTAG15 for 15% off our ROCK N ROLL Collection (Oct12-19, 2015)
This Day in Rock N' Roll History - Guns N' Roses Edition 0
September 17th, 2015 - This Day in Rock N' Roll History
On this day back in 1991, 24 years ago, Guns N' Roses simultaneously released over 4 million copies of Use Your Illusion I' and 'Use Your Illusion II' for retail sale, making it the largest ship-out in pop history in the US. WOW!
This is still such a classic double album with hits like November Rain, Civil War, Don't Cry, and You Could Be Mine.
Relive this moment with our Use Your Illusion GNR Tank Top: